We are looking to partner with outstanding management teams and invest in successful businesses that have the potential to become industry leaders. We focus on companies with attractive fundamentals and that are located in growing niche industry segments. Typically, these companies have a long track record of success and are at an inflection point of growth.
We specialize in businesses owned by entrepreneurs and families, looking for additional resources to accelerate growth, including situations where owners are looking to retire.
Here are some general criteria we use to evaluate investment opportunities:
- Company Size: $2-$10 million in EBITDA or cash flow
- Focus: entrepreneur-owned or family owned businesses
- Type: majority-owned or growth equity investments
- Other Situations: corporate carve-outs / distressed situations
- Location: North America
- Company Characteristics:
- High recurring revenue base with solid growth potential
- Stable margins
- Asset-lite and minimal capital requirements
- Business Services
- Tech-enabling Services
- Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)
- IT/Cloud Services
- Healthcare Services
- Financial Services
- Energy Services
- Industrial Services
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Application Software
- Infrastructure Software
With each investment, Highcrest offers companies a unique suite of services through our Shared Services Group to help companies accelerate their growth.